Sunday, January 13, 2008

Kids Say the Darndest Things

Life Balance: a feat we try to achieve while searching to be the best that we can we, while simultaneously raising our children to do the same. This is the equilibrium in our inner life force whereby our heartbeat matches the divine force that exists all around us. When this life balance peaks, our sense of peace, joy, love and wisdom act as one with our very soul.



Sometimes, paying attention to the things your kids say can surprise you more then you think. They can cause your hormones to rise to Mt. St. Helen's erupting levels one minute, and fill you with unexpected joy the next. I often wish it wasn't all in the same ten minutes in the morning when you are rushing to start your day, but so be it.



It's in the slowing down and really pulling into their words our hearts, that we grow and are rewarded. It's a little piece of God, reminding us of the everyday joys.



Driving in the Car: Always an experience. This one's too hot, this one's too cold. Usually, it's that we can't the heat going fast enough (we do like in Buffalo). So, yesterday, when we hopped in the car and cranked the heat, I had it at turned to a tropical 85 degrees. At home, I often fight over the temperature with DH, who likes it cold. He can run around in a blizzard in a tee shirt and be happy. So there I was cranking it, and not even noticing that I do this. And twin muffin boy gets in and feels the heat, commenting, "Wow, how nice to have your own space Mom. You can crank it as hot as you want!"



Facing Traffic Jams: It often jams up on Main street by our house. You barely get in the lane, and then you sit. Sometimes its 3 lights, and you think you will get to the other side, and don't. You sit, stuck in first place, being supremely irritated at this. And twin muffin boy comments again "Cool! You are in first place! You'll win the race for sure Mom!"



Watching TV preachers (who me? Where's the beef?). I get up today in time to catch Joel Osteen's Sunday message. I tend to sleep past this point, but I got up and was happy. The twins are cuddled in blankets, zoning out to Sponge Bob. I tell them I am changing the channel and they are happy to join in and listen, to pause and think about the message. Today Joel talks about changing your attitude. Seeing your problems as "light afflictions" instead of the end of the world. I tell the twins to give Thanks and count your blessings. Change your attitude about Joel and give him a chance, its only 30 minutes a week.



I think maybe it's working, when Muffin Boy smiles, looks at the computer and whispers to his sister, "Thank God it's only 15 more minutes."



You just can't help but smiling and laughing everyday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.